A reflection of Worlds can be found here: http://dangerouslyirrelevant.org/2014/04/reflection-of-worlds.html
Due to a large increase in participation this year there will be improved security measures to increase the safety of our event. There will be security guards and security dogs at the entrance to the event. We will also be opening an additional entrance to allow for ease of access for participants. Please come prepared for this security increase and carry as few personal items as necessary.
Inspection and Judging Information
· Teams must Pre-Inspect their Robot and bring their completed Robot Inspection Sheet to their Scheduled Hardware Inspection Appointment
· Teams should not leave their Robot Bill of Materials with the Judges – the Hardware Inspectors will need to see this
· Because FTC Judging is a subjective process and feedback would not be equitable from panel to panel, Judges will not be returning Judge Summary Sheets to teams at the World Championship
· Teams who wish to be considered for the Control Award must complete a Control Award Content Sheet and bring it to their Scheduled Judging Interview
· Teams must bring their Engineering Notebook to their Scheduled Judging Interview
· Judging Interview rooms are set up to accommodate a maximum of 15 people. Large teams will need to determine in advance which students will participate in the Scheduled Interview.
· Teams may bring a laptop with a fully charged battery to their Judging Interview if they choose. The laptop must be self-contained, powered up and ready to go. Projectors are not permitted in the Judging Interview rooms. We’re sorry, but we cannot provide technical assistance to teams for their interview.
· Adults may attend the Judging Interviews, if they wish, but they may not participate in the Interview. An exception will be made for teams who need an interpreter, if their interpreter is an adult.
· FTC Pits are 10x10 and include a table and power. FTC does not provide chairs in the Pit Area
· Teams with more than 10 students are encouraged to rotate team members in and out of the Pit Area and the Dome Seating Area. Large teams may not comfortably fit in the 10x10 Pit Space.
List of Teams in the "Franklin" division for the World Championship. The Franklin division is the division that we will be competing in, so wish us luck! (There's another monkey team!) :D
Thank you to the parent help from the bake sale the past couple of days! And to our schools Spirit Cafe! It's awesome to see the help coming in. :D
CRI of William Penn University visited us one day to gather information for a news story and a video. This is a link to the story.
I know some parents were wanting more information tonight for the RoboProm!
Event Details:Where: Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch, RoboProm Grand Ballroom, 315 Chestnut Street, St. Louis, MO
When: Thursday, April 24th, 2014 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Dress Code: Some people go semi-formal, some get fancy, and some like to get into pretty unique costumes. Whatever suits you!
Price: $20 pre-sale via our team website up until 4/19, $25 at the Championship event. Mentors and advisors chaperoning are welcome into the event for free.
We will be releasing one wave of 800 tickets starting today, March 26th. Once those sell out, tickets won’t be available for purchase until the second wave of 800 is released on April 13th, the day after the conclusion of week 7 events.