Many of you know how important it is for a robot to run as efficiently as possible. This is our task before the Iowa State Championships February 24th and 25th. We are working our bugs in our catapult. Perfecting our spinner and completing our Beacon Pressing Autonomous, Because of time restraints we've elected to not work on scoring the cap ball just yet. Instead becoming the best particle launcher out there! Wish us luck!
(Attached is a video of our robot clicking the first beacon and driving into the wall. We'll further develop it's pre-programmed skills in order to allow it to click the second button!
Last Saturday was your favorite monkey's Super Qualifier Tournament! We had a pretty successful day taking 8th place in qualifying rounds (due to some USB hub problems otherwise we would've placed better) we were chosen by the second place Alliance Captain Crossfire and we took second place overall!
We were awarded the Second place Inspire Award and the Rockwel Collins Innovate award! As well as being nominated for the Think award! Our robot will continue to improve before the Iowa State Championships February 24th and 25th!!
Sorry we haven't posted in a while, Ethan neglected his duties as editior.
Our robot now has a scissor lift that we intend to use later to cap the cap ball. We do not have our forks attached yet because we didn't have time before our next meet. However, we can get the low score for the cap ball.
Our catapult has proved to be very accurate, and we have accomplished scoring 7 particles through the center goal during a match from our robot (12 total on our alliance). We now have a type of magazine, so we can carry two balls/particles at once. We also have a spinner on our robot and are working on a better one.
As of right now, Lane, our programmer, is working on an autonomous to shoot two balls and press a beacon. So far, it seems that we should have this programed by regionals this weekend.
Speaking of competitions, last weekend we were the winning alliance captian in our league championships, as well as winning control award.
This was a shorter week as we weren't able to meet Tuesday. We started Thursday by updating our programming apps to the new software. We also tested springs instead of rubber bands. We believe that they will last longer then rubber bands.